December 13, 2017, 12:57:01 AM

Author Topic: The Story so Far  (Read 348 times)

Offline Onónion Menathradon

• Famous
  • Ascend this World
    • View Profile
The Story so Far
« on: June 03, 2017, 03:33:28 AM »
So I'm interested in getting back into the swing of things and I feel like the best way to accomplish that is to go from where I left off.

The last thing I was working on was Onónion traveling North to the Kordar Isles to find a splinter group from the Temple of Talos in Elenion. There, Onónion is shaken when he finds his old mentor from his time within the Obsidian Fist having slaughtered most of the inhabitants on the island and using them to make a dark sacrifice in the name of Maehdros.

After stopping his master from his plot, he travels back to Elenion to find that the Darkblades, the splinter group, attempted a coup in the Temple of Talos. The coup failed but not before having killed a great many senior priests and Obsidian Fists. More shocking is the discovery of the rot within the Temple at how far the Darkblades' influence had spread.

Onónion's faith in his chosen deity shaken, he travels South past the Falathrim Plains to escape from his inner doubt as well as the melancholy memories that haunt him.

The last thing I want him doing is hearing a rumor while in the city of Aeluin of a forgotten temple to Talos deep within the Impregnable Forest. Realizing the enormity of the task of finding the temple decides to seek adventurers to join him in finding the temple. I'll also be using a npc guide that may or may not be leading the party in the right direction.

Who is interested?

"The devotion of the greatest is to encounter risk and danger, and play dice with death."

Offline Zyrphath

• Sentinels of the Realm
  • Ancient
  • Realm Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: The Story so Far
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »
I may know of someone with both local knowledge of and substantial interest in the region you are describing... What is the purpose of this temple journey - the plot hook, so to speak?
Tome of Darkness

Avatar and sig-render by Silverbobcat

• Famous
  • Ascend this World
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 04:08:00 AM »
I may know of someone with both local knowledge of and substantial interest in the region you are describing... What is the purpose of this temple journey - the plot hook, so to speak?

Onónion's purpose in seeking out the temple is simple. He is seeking some kind of way of being able to speak to his God, Talos. It's an impulsive and desperate attempt to find his path again, towards something more than himself. Unfortunately for him, I think I kinda want him to suffer a little more and am thinking of giving him a twisted blessing.

Ultimately, I want the temple possessing Artifacts sacred to all the gods, a lost repository of forgotten knowledge, and a fortress built to withstand siege. The real reward will be the Artifacts that will be tailored for each character that comes along. However, the artifacts are puzzles in themselves to be solved by the character who possesses them a task in itself. How they go about this task should be a story unto itself. Unfortunately, the temple is guarded. By what, I want to keep close to my chest to add a little suspense.

I also have the party being led off course due to the locals who have decided to worship the Guardian of the Temple, whether this be by the hand of the guide or not also remaining a mystery..

"The devotion of the greatest is to encounter risk and danger, and play dice with death."

Offline Davin Ragal

• Sentinels of the Realm
  • Myth
  • Son of Dicaspia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 10:14:31 PM »
Davin is in search of artifacts in order to construct his blade.  Sign me up

• Famous
  • Ascend this World
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 11:02:49 PM »
Davin is in search of artifacts in order to construct his blade.  Sign me up

Always glad to have you aboard! I think one more showing interest in this will expedite the posting of the thread. I'll wait a little longer and see. If not, I'll have a post up at the end of the week.

• Famous
  • Ascend this World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 11:25:52 PM »
So the thread is up here!